WorkSTEPS testing evaluates an employee’s ability to perform essential job functions and identifies any pre-existing conditions that may place the employee at medical risk within a specific job. Employers are provided with all test results and a capable / not capable recommendation within 24 hours.
Functional Employment Testing:
• Reduces work-related injury and losses associated with lost time, worker replacement, and lost productivity
• Identifies applicants that do not meet the physical demands of the job
• Decreases turnover rates
• Reduces work comp claims & lost time
• Reduces group insurance costs
• Assists employers in appropriately matching employees to safe and appropriate job positions
• Increases worker productivity
• Prevents injuries
• Collects baseline medical and functional capabilities for comparative analysis in the event of an injury
WorkSTEPS identifies and documents any pre-existing conditions and determines an employee’s overall safety to perform specific jobs. Implementation of the WorkSTEPS Program has enabled hundreds of industries to significantly reduce work place injuries and injury-related costs.
Components of the WorkSTEPS Employment Test include:
• Musculoskeletal evaluation, including range of motion, strength, posture, and joint integrity.
• Cardiovascular measures, including blood pressure and heart rate.
• Strength evaluation of the back and extremities, with assessment for deficits and /or abnormalities.
• Job specific components and job simulations, including instruction in proper body mechanics and lifting techniques.
Following completion of the test, results are entered into the WorkSTEPS database, which generates a profile of each individual employee in relation to the physical demands level of each specific job. In the event of a future injury, the report also establishes the baseline medical and functional capabilities of the employee for comparison to future, post-injury data.
In addition to the post-offer functional employment testing, we also offer pre-employment drug screening services.
Please contact us with any additional questions, or learn more at www.worksteps.com.